Friday, January 27, 2012

Nursery Idea Board

So I thought I'd end my month+ long sabbatical with something fun! We finally moved and got settled in and then my nesting instincts took over and I'm itching to get started on decorating the nursery (we're actually going to have a nursery!). Being in a two bedroom apartment? Super awesome, by the way.

I've been Pinning nursery ideas over on Pinterest like a madwoman for the past few months and I finally got around to making an idea board. Before we found out what we were having I was being drawn to more feminine touches, so when we found out we were having a boy, I was a little worried that I wouldn't know what direction to take. But one afternoon on Pinterest and suddenly I had a completely different vision. I love old maps and globes, and I decided that with a traveler theme I could incorporate a bunch of different topics (trains, hot air balloons, etc) without getting too match-y. If there's one thing I knew I wanted to stay away from, it was a room that looked like a catalog. I also didn't want to go with something that screamed "baby", so that we could adapt it as he grows a little older.


The wall color is bold, but it's my favorite aspect. I first saw it over on Pinterest, but then it turned out to link to one of my favorite blogs, Young House Love. The color is called Plumage, by Martha Stewart, and I plan on having the color matched to a no VOC paint called Mythic Paint. This means it will be safer for me to use while pregnant (while taking frequent breaks, wearing a mask and keeping the windows open), but it will also be safer for our little guy, since it doesn't produce the fumes that normal paint can off-gas up to 30 days after painting. It's a little pricier than standard paint, but well worth the cost.

I can't wait to get started and share the progress!



0 comments:

Post a Comment