Monday, November 7, 2011

Mugtails

Just when I thought I was getting way ahead of myself by wishing that the upcoming holidays would come just a bit sooner, I got my December issue of Real Simple magazine in the mail. Oh the glory. The gift ideas, the decor suggestions and 30 different kinds of holiday cookies, which to a pregnant lady sounds pretty flippin' awesome.

The thing that really caught my eye, however, was on the very first page of their gift suggestions for women. Maybe I'm a little late to the game, but I had never seen these before and I think they're precious. Enter: Mugtails.

Via

I think my favorite is a tie between the the dainty fawn tail and the over-sized rabbit tail. I wouldn't complain having the full set though, and at only $16 a pop, it's not completely out of the question (I was expecting $30+ each). I would see myself using them more in a decor setting than a practical, "use for my morning cup of coffee tea milk" situation, but either way they'd make an appreciated addition to our world.

Via
One thing the magazine didn't mention was that they not only serve as drink-of-your-choice receptacle, but also as a tea light holder. Since the animal shapes are thinner than the rest of the cup, they serve well as the focal point when the light shines behind, like so.

Via
These might just be going on my Christmas wish list. What do you think?

1 comments:

  1. Those are adorable! Sad to say I have already spend my x-mas money this year on a new area rug, otherwise these would be on my list too!

    ReplyDelete