Friday, July 15, 2011

A Day in the Corn Fields

A couple of weeks ago, my photographer friend Amanda and I set out early on a Saturday morning to find this mini ghost town called Old Corn Hill between Georgetown and Jarrell to have a photo shoot. I didn't come as prepared with the location as I thought I did, and after driving around fruitlessly for two hours looking for this place (and stopping twice to ask people to no avail), we gave up for the day. However, during our drive along these lovely county roads, we came across a huge field full of dead corn stalks. I think that's when they're the most beautiful, having all taken on a golden yellow color. So to take a break from our search, we pulled over and decided to play :) Here are a few of my favorites...

Isn't she gorgeous?!

This was taken at an abandoned house along the highway that we stopped at on the way back

The kicker about our great search that day is that when I got home I did more in depth sleuthing and found out the precise location of the ghost town: exactly one exit past the place where we turned around to go home for the day. &#^@%! So I now have very specific instructions and a map ready to go, so that the next time we venture out we'll head right for it.

Oh and that picture of me at the top of the page was taken by Amanda during our outing. She's super talented, not to mention about the sweetest person I've ever met. Check out more of her work here!

2 comments:

  1. I always hate it when that happens, but at least you were still able to capture these gorgeous shots!

    ReplyDelete
  2. killer shots, of course.

    skills!

    ReplyDelete